This is the first in a series of social media resources we will be sharing over the next few days. This first list is what we consider (and others) to be the top 5 social media sites. The list is focused on online resources (blogs, magazines etc.,) with the primary qualifying factor to make the list: quality content published consistently..
- Social Media Examiner. A must resource and top Ad Age 150 blog. The best part of Social Media Examiner is that the often provide actionable social media tactics in their daily content. Social Media Examiner helps businesses master social media marketing to find leads, increase sales and improve branding using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.,….
- Mashable. Most used for staying on top of trends – it can be fairly simple for regular social media users. I read top posts everyday
- Smart Brief for Social Media. This is an easy to digest source of social media content. Love the daily newsletter which provides a round up the day’s top social media stories.
In their own words, Smart Brief for Social Media is… Essential. Only the must-read news for the new social media landscape. Diverse. Articles chosen from thousands of news sites, blogs, and other sources, delivered straight to your inbox. Concise. Every story is summarized by our expert editors and linked to the original source for further reading.
- Hubspot. if you can endure their well executed follow up – they are the epitomy of what it means to create great content. They are an internet marketing firm, providing industry leading software. They are masters at inbound marketing and provide a wealth of social media content via their blog, ebooks and webinars.
- Who’s Blogging What. This weekly email newsletter which curates some of the best on what’s happening from the blogsphere. Thousands of web marketing professionals rely on Who’s Blogging What to stay current on social media, search marketing, user experience, email, web analytics and all of the latest developments of web marketing.